Wednesday, January 7, 2009

5 skinny snacks

When I get a snack attack—watch out. Anything is fair game when I get ravenous and usually I reach for no-fuss (unhealthy) convenience foods to satisfy my cravings, like cookies, chocolate and high-calorie crackers. But what I really need to eat to fuel my hungry body is a healthy snack. All the better if it includes fruit or vegetables.

So I try to plan ahead and some ideas that are as appealing as junk food help too. Here are 5 of my favorite quick snack recipes (under 100 calories each) to satisfy your next hunger attack.




Cheesy Popcorn (75 calories per serving)

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper dress up air-popped popcorn.

4 cups hot air-popped popcorn
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cayenne pepper to taste

Toss popcorn with Parmesan and cayenne to taste. Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 75 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrate; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 43 mg potassium. What you get: Calcium, fiber.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/5-skinny-snacks-337141

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...