Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mahfuz complains he can't go to work

Harakahdaily

KUALA LUMPUR, Jul 8: “How can someone be denied his right to go to his own office?”

The question was posed by PAS vice president Mahfuz Omar (pic), one of the 91 individuals whom police restricted from entering the city centre as a measure to deter them from being present at the Bersih rally tomorrow.

“I don’t mind if I am disallowed to go any other places, but to my office?” asked the Pokok Sena member of parliament.

Yesterday, police obtained a restriction order on 91 individuals, most of whom are top Pakatan Rakyat and Bersih leaders, as well as leaders of UMNO Youth and Perkasa.

Mahfuz informed Harakahdaily that four policemen turned up at his house in Kedah last night to hand over the restriction order from court.

However, he refused to sign the paper as it would prevent him to go his office at the PAS headquarters in Jalan Raja Laut.

“I didn’t sign as it is absurd, in fact I refuse to accept the restriction," he said, adding that the police later dropped the restriction order in his post box.

Similarly, Selangor DAP chief Teresa Kok, also in the list, wondered whether she was under house arrest.

“The court order against me as a Member of Parliament in Kuala Lumpur to see the event on 9 July is an obstruction against me to carry out my duty.

"I work and stay in KL city centre. Is the court order now ... house arrest?” the Seputeh MP twitted.

Related:

Dzulkefly blasts police's restriction order on 91 as 'great betrayal'


http://en.harakahdaily.net/index.php/berita-utama/3092-mahfuz-complaints-he-cant-go-to-work.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...